DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Accountant responsibilities include strategically supporting and assisting the business and accounting team.
- Be a strategic partner and provide accounting support to operations;
- Handle project invoicing in collaboration with operations;
- Make payments and manage project payables;
- Review invoices and coordinate the various steps leading to payment;
- Collaborate on monthly project tax remittances (GST & QST), if applicable;
- Perform the project's monthly bank reconciliation, if applicable;
- Be a strategic point of contact between the project managers and the various suppliers in order to resolve problematic situations;
- Collaborate with the controller in order to optimize the processes in place;
- All other related tasks.
University degree in accounting, or a college diploma in accounting is an asset;
Proficiency with databases, accounting software, MSOffice, including good knowledge of Excel and knowledge of Canon's Therefore® is an asset;
Dynamic, positive and professional attitude, customer service oriented;
Accuracy and attention to detail;
Ability to organize and structure;
Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team.